Saturday, August 30, 2014

Covert Affairs 5.10: "Sensitive Euro Man"


Hmmmm what's that look on your face Annie?

Because it looks a lot like, "That's right bitches, I just got LAID."  (FINALLY.  After being a nun for over a year while Auggie ran around screwing everything that moved.)  Well heeeelllloooo McWalker!


Here's the thing, guys ... this couple is fuckin' HOT together.


Like, I initially looked at McQuaid as being a great fun fling for Annie for a certain length of time until the writers inevitably put her back together with Auggie.  But the more I watch McWalker together, the more I enjoy them about five HUNDRED times more than the idea of Walkerson getting back together.  Annie and Auggie would have to do so, so, SO much work at this point to repair their relationship that I'm just feeling so over it.  I'm realizing that I would be 100% happy with McWalker being end game here.


Like, I'm starting to think the Covert writers have actually created a huge problem for themselves here with McWalker being TOO good together.  They're at the point now where it's gonna be hard to work themselves back out of this and work back to Auggie again.  I ended up caving and reading some major spoilers about the back 6 episodes of season 5, and from those spoilers, it seems to me like they are gonna be trying to do just that in the fall season.  And while it sounds like a very interesting storyline for Auggie, it also sounds like a super obnoxious shortcut ploy to bring A&A back together again.  It already has me wanting to burn my TV in anticipation of it.

I have no clue what the DVR ratings are for this show this season, which means I also have zero idea what their chances are of getting a regular season 6 renewal.  If the S6 renewal chances are not great, then the chances of a ridiculously rushed "Let's now back out of McWalker and move back into Walkerson" effort are very high.  And this makes me very annoyed.

Uggh, anyway.  Episode 10 was humming along pretty well for the first 40, maybe 42 minutes, with this "Annie & McQuaid on the run from the law" storyline being the best part.  Obvi.


And then, it proceeded to fall apart in the last 20 minutes.  I mean it wasn't a complete abomination, don't get me wrong.  It just, stumbled.  Caitlyn as the culprit was far too obvious, and the final scene with her right before (and after) she got killed was one of the cheesiest things they've ever done on this show.  I just can't figure out what the hell they were going for there.  And the choice to put McQuaid in a goddamn coma right when the McWalker fire was reaching a fever pitch was just SUCH a weird-ass decision.  I'm incredibly annoyed with that ... but at least we get Eyal in ep 5.11 when the show returns.  Here's my GeekFurious review:

http://geekfurious.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-plopper-reviews-covert-affairs-510.html

USA Network has not even said yet when the fall season is premiering.  Hopefully they'll let us know soon.  Until then, I switch my blogging focus back to my currently-neglected Bible Reviews blog.

1 comment:

  1. I Love Piper Perabos Feet Because Her Toes Are Pretty Massage Her Feet Wiggle Her Toes And Tap Them On The Ground

    ReplyDelete