Saturday, August 23, 2014

Covert Affairs 5.09: "Spit on a Stranger"


Shit.

Things were going SO well last week until that goddamn dog walker had to come in and ruin everything.  My GeekFurious review of "Spit on a Stranger" is here, but I'm just going to leave this post to a super quickie comic strip this week - the end scene with Annie & Auggie, which happens right after the one above.

In the past, I've only made these comics for scenes or storylines I absolutely hated (like this, this and this), but this time I'm actually making one for a scene I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was inspired by the hilarious look on Annie's face in the first still:




I know of at least a couple people who were absolutely furious at Annie for lying to Auggie in this scene.  And I certainly get where they're coming from, since, you know, you shouldn't lie to your bestie and stuff.  But the funny thing is that it's scenes like this when I love Annie the most.  Call me a dick but she's doing exactly what I would do in this situation - she knows full well that if she told Auggie the truth, he'd tell her she was insane (and rightfully so when you look at it from his POV). Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to take care of her bidness.

And by "bidness" I mean, buy yourself some time to find out if that cute guy you're talking to is more on the boyfriendy tip or the ... you know ... terroristy tip.  That shit has got to be handled PRONTO, you can't let something like that just hang.  Besides, a teeny tiny bit of shade never killed anyone.  She'll tell Auggie wassup next week.  I mean, probably.  If she can.

(She will, obviously, because it's the summer finale and shit's gotta happen.)

2 comments:

  1. Annie looks so guilty in the first panel of the comic strip! I hope that Auggie is able to forgive her when he finds out about her scheming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, looks like we're gonna get to see another Annie/Auggie fight this week!! Good times ...

      Delete